Monday, March 1, 2010

Type 4: New investigations

These are a couple of the last experiments I did before wrapping of the project. With these last few experiments I was finally understanding what way I could experiment with package design effectively and ask specific questions. I decided that what I found in all of my other experiments that was interesting and gave and added layer of a message to the typography and the package was typographic reveals. Now these revels can be either in a positive connotation, or giving added information. Or it can revealing the real facts that producers usually hid using simple techniques like deceptive wording or using small type and using hierarchy and placement on the package to there advantage.

The other aspect I found in my exploration was surface area and multiple packages needed to display a message..would that make consumers by more cause they want the whole message. Or would it lend for some confused consumers. I did a series of experiment where each package had its own message on its own but when you put it in a group of 4 it spelled out other messages and even the viewer can make their own new message. This experiment could be relevant in the real world because this is something that companies could think of for adding interest to there products in the stores by spelling messages. This could intrigue the passer byers to stop and turn the carton all the way around and really take in all of the information and think about it. One of my main goals was to add audience interaction and make someone to stop and look at my packages. Even though these are just experiments for an aspect you could include in a finished package design with a logo and a brand not the stark white plain and modern packages studies I have created.






This was and idea I have to create these strong strips that highlight the important information and have a strong sense of hierarchy. There is also a nice balance of positive and negative.


This is a series of things I tried with reveals that have pull backs of information. Now one round has reveals that just give added information like what kind of juice it is. Or the nutrition label revels the ingredients. But then I was thinking that it would be more informing to revel information that you didnt know or that is usually hidden in the fine print and "reveling it to the viewer.






Here is a series of 4 containers that are meant to be viewed all together for a whole large message or individually for a disconnected message that is still informative to the package. This will touch on viewer interaction and maybe even entice more buying.


This is a swiss exercise with the large label however even though it is the biggest thing it is not the first recognizable thing on the page due to its orientation.

this however causes the consumer to pick the package up and turn it around in their hands. This also makes the viewer look at the nutrition facts when they might not have.













This is another think I did as an experiment with the displaying of the word strawberry and how I can give added meaning or even enhance the meaning. I even tried to push legibility by giving it shape and texture.


For the final reveal I will have 5 white juice boxes to be placed in the interchangeable sleeves. So the viewer can see all of my experience in context of the container.

No comments: