Monday, December 7, 2009

vis lang: final game










With this assignment we were given the task of teaching people about the way we communicate with one another through the communication theory. With this theory the problem is not only making sure the viewers understand and learn what it is but also to engage them and make them want to learn. With this complex information I thought the best way to learn is through play. So i designed a game that the players would not only learn about communication theory but get to experience all the part of the theory but how the smallest thing can effect it and how it changes the out come. With this game i really wanted to utilize all the aspects of a game. I did this by using many parts such as the board, cards, box, and instructions. My main concern was simplicity and clarity. I found that with this information you dont want to intimidate your viewers because then they are not as susceptible to learn the information you are trying to teach them. I added extra clarity in places like the instructions with having the whole long directions to the game but also out to the side i have a simple quick glance instructions for reference. I also did this on the board with directions and arrows to tell the player where to go or what to do next. I worked really hard on refining this game. I have come along way and am please with its outcome.

As for my visual language class as a whole I found it to be very vital in my growth as a designer in the fact that I has not only taught me new ways of developing concepts such as visual rhetoric. This is very important to always find new ways to brain storm. This will make me more versatile as a designer with clever unexpected ideas. Also we learned about how or why your designs are successful through the modes of appeal. This will be important to keep in mind while i am designing and if my message or idea with come across to my viewers. Also we learned when different elements mean different things in how a message is perceived by the viewers. Finally we learned about the the process and steps your message goes through and how that can impact it. As a designer if i can anticipate how the message will make it to its viewers and how the noise will effected it who i am speaking to i can design with all that in mind and will be a more successful designer. All in all these are all very helpful tools i will unitizes in my design career and will aid in my success.

No comments: