Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Vis Com response to Final

This project has been very monumental in my growth as a designer. This project was more complex than anything i have done before with more components. I found it is better to learn through doing and making. These diagrams where alot to digest, but by having the information tangible in my hand i could move and manipulate them for freely and not feel confined to the computer screen. It was also an ah ha moment when i realized that it may be beneficial to even after the first round of paper mock ups where done and i went digital to go back and print and cut if out again and go back to hand mock ups to move around and make final formal decisions. Also when dealing with alot of complex information it is vital to set specific guide lines and rules and stick to them. Mine happened to be having a grid and a set paragraph format of the icon bubble and text combination. Hierarchy was also one aspect that i focused on in this diagram. So for first read i wanted my viewers to see the title, then the description of the diagram then the icons followed by then actual info. I did this with scale of the title and paragraph then with color for the icons and small scale for the text. I also learned how to add a design element to all the overwhelming content by adding an angled text. If i were to do things differently i would try to be more organic to fit with my icons. I like the structure of mine but i feel like i took the easy road out and should have pushed myself to make the organic one work. All in all i learned how to deal with information in quanity with out deleting information or simplifying it. I am proud of my handling of the information and not getting overwhelmed. 

No comments: