Wednesday, April 14, 2010

iA 387: collection iterations

When it can time to representing my shoes in different mediums I wanted to try something out of the box for me, something I am not always the most confident with...illustration.

If this is the route I wanting to go in I would want to include more detail in each illustration. This detail would help to tell the different shoes apart. I could also emphasize the different flaws and textures of the shoes.



With this concept I wanted my shoes to mimic paper dolls and the fact that these shoes are interchangeable. This could be nice when I am sharing the story associated with each shoe.



These are very simple vector outline shapes of my shoes....The problem with this approach is that it will be hard to distinguish the difference between the shoes that have the exact same form just different colors.




Here I was trying to use very nice photography to highlight the different distinguishing factors of the shoe. Whether it is the texture, shape, color, or flaws. I would really like to explore this route simple because I have just purchased my new camera and would love to get the change to explore its capabilities further and build my photography skills.



















1 comment:

TheEpp said...

The paper doll idea could work very nicely on the siote. Perhaps a combination of the paper idea for sorting, then macro photos for detail in storytelling? The illustrations are a good start, but seem off the mark for the subject matter.