Friday, October 30, 2009

vis lang: post card 2 response

[Card+2.jpg]

In this response post card he took my original image and cropped it in tighter focusing in more of the bubbles made my the lime. He also chose to add copy the word "refreshing"
so put this lime in the drink setting. He also added a sense of a setting or context. I had originally photographed this lime in a martini glass and just hinted at the rim in my photo leading the views to figure out what type of glass they would assume it in as where he just tells you lime in martini glass. This automatically alludes to cosmopolitan cocktail. This photo also give a way to a bar scene and a social cultural environment. He kept the lighting the same and just increased the tension with the edge of the of the picture frame by adding a tighter cropping. He is basically sticking with my original feel of my photo just adding a little more clarification.

2 comments:

Connor Gaughan said...

I think we were both on the same page with this from your original photo. When you hinted at the rim of the glass in the original photo, I didn't see it to be enough. Adding an overall idea of what this drink is contained in does give it a sense of place as well.

Amanda Laffoon said...

Hi Connor I do feel like we are on page with the same ideas for this lime twist. In postcard to you gave further clarity to what I was trying to show in postcard 1. With this post card our lime twist now has context, as in where it is located, and the bubbles are more prominent due to the tight cropping, and it also by adding the word refreshing you get the feeling of a good and satisfying drink. The word refreshing giving me a sense of satisfaction is also ironic because that is how my postcard 1 made him feel. I feel that we are both on the level of viewing this on a social and cultural level with it looking like an iconic bar drink. I get a sense of fun and lively through the color palette as well. I feel that this postcard conversation between the to of us is focusing on redundancy and giving the viewer all the information over again to make sure they clearly understand the message in exactly the way we are wanting them to see if and if they dont we will keep giving it to them over again.